[vc_row type="in_container" full_screen_row_position="middle" column_margin="default" column_direction="default" column_direction_tablet="default" column_direction_phone="default" scene_position="center" top_padding="60px" constrain_group_1="yes" bottom_padding="60px" text_color="dark" text_align="left" row_border_radius="none" row_border_radius_applies="bg" overflow="visible" id="job_post" advanced_gradient_angle="0" overlay_strength="0.3" gradient_direction="left_to_right" shape_divider_position="bottom" bg_image_animation="none" gradient_type="default" shape_type=""][vc_column column_padding="no-extra-padding" column_padding_tablet="inherit" column_padding_phone="inherit" column_padding_position="all" column_element_spacing="default" background_color_opacity="1" background_hover_color_opacity="1" column_shadow="none" column_border_radius="none" column_link_target="_self" column_position="default" gradient_direction="left_to_right" overlay_strength="0.3" width="1/1" tablet_width_inherit="default" tablet_text_alignment="default" phone_text_alignment="default" animation_type="default" bg_image_animation="none" border_type="simple" column_border_width="none" column_border_style="solid"][vc_column_text]Sleep Technologist (Full-time/Part-time role) https://www.lungnsleepclinic.com Salary: $25/hr based on experience About Us: Lung-N-Sleep is a 4-bed lung & sleep disorder clinic located in Southfield, Michigan. Dr. Raza is a licensed and board-certified physician with 30+ years of experience working in patient care. Currently we are looking for a member to join his team and provide comprehensive sleep evaluation and treatment. This may involve polysomnography, diagnostic, and therapeutic testing and analysis, multiple sleep latency testing, associated interventions, scoring, and patient care/education. Responsibilities:
- Ensure equipment is properly prepared for patient testing and utilization. Prepare and calibrate equipment required for testing. Perform routine and complex equipment care and maintenance including but not limited to cleaning and troubleshooting. Check availability and function of emergency equipment.
- Gather and analyze patient information, which includes but is not limited to: medical history, physical information, medications and procedures. Communicate and answer questions regarding study protocols to patients.
- Assist with orienting patients to center and procedure. Apply electrodes and sensors and prepare patient for any procedures within the center within accepted standards. Prepare and apply oxygen and perform (PAP) mask fitting. Effectively arrange for home care and educate patient.
- Review and properly score polysomnograms for assessment by Physician. Score the polysomnogram and generate reports summarizing sleep/wake periods, REM episodes, arousal analysis, EEG phenomena, cardiac events, respiratory events, limb movements and other physiological events according to current guidelines. Score sleep/wake stages by applying professionally accepted guidelines. Score clinical events (such as respiratory events, cardiac events, limb movements, arousals, etc.) according to center specific protocols.
- Able to score multiple sleep latency testing. Has knowledge of all protocols of AASM guidelines for all sleep related testing and maintenance.
- Generate accurate reports by tabulating clinical event data. Examine order and protocol for study. Recognize chief sleep/wake complaint.
- Implement appropriate interventions, including actions necessary for patient safety and therapeutic intervention such as continuous and bi-level positive airway pressure, oxygen administration.
- Recognize and respond appropriately to patient's medical problems and physiological event especially cardiac dysrhythmia, respiratory events and seizures.
- Change sheets & put on new ones after every sleep test before signing out.
- Licensed/Certified by the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists as a Registered Polysomnographic (preferred). Sleep tech must be licensed/Certified to practice in Michigan, as required by state law. Scoring/editing of raw data for all sleep tests will only be performed by a CPSGT/RPSGT/RST/CRT-SDS/RRT-SDS experienced in scoring using the most current version of the AASM Scoring Manual.
- Licensed by American Heart Association for Basic Life Support.
- Total of 36 CME hours completed (as per AASM requirement)
- Excellent customer service skills to assist patient with direct care.
- Computer knowledge for data entry and access to scheduling program. Computer skills for digital polysomnographic procedures.
- Analytic skills to compile data and make observations of patients being tested and make adjustments, if necessary.